Thursday 27 June 2013

Time to Digital Converters

Introduction to Time to Digital Converters
           Time to Digital Converter (TDC) is a device for converting a signal of sporadic pulses into a digital representation of their time indices. In other words TDC is an electronic stop watch for measuring quick physical events. In a simple case shown in figure 1.1 the time interval measured between leading edge of two electrical pulses applied to the inputs Start and Stop of TDC. Normally the pulses are generated from time discriminator used to extract the timing information from the pulses received from the detectors of some physical events, for example, light flashes.     


I designed different architectures of TDCs on FPGA. I created this blog to share my little knowledge about FPGA programming and VLSI Design. I am working on Time to Digital Converters. If any one need help on these topics contact me through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment